09-06-2026, 11:29 AM
"It feels strange after all of this. I never thought I would wear silk again. Tobi brought a few from the seamstress. It's lovely... too lovely. I feel like I will ruin it. I have more money than I knew was in the bank and I think of how the last months have been a struggle and all the work, toiling, and callouses, and I just want to cry, not because it saddens me that my hands aren't soft, but because doing it gave me a purpose where as before, I was just.... basically an ornament. I don't want to be an ornament, I... want to use my hands and accomplish more than watercolors, embroidery, and pretty dresses. And most of all, the thought of leaving this house after all of that? I have every board, every tuft, every room except for your office memorized. It's... home..." She gave a soft, humorless laugh.









